Dashboards & Visualizations

Horizontal bar chart w/ JSChart

therealdpk
Path Finder

Is it possible to have JSChart render its bars horizontally? I've looked over the properties here:

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/4.3/Developer/CustomChartingConfig-chartlegend

and it looks like "bar" is what I want ("The bar chart is a cartesian chart that renders data as horizontal bars"). However, when I try to use the charting.chart properties I get an error: "Misconfigured view 'overview' - Unknown parameter 'charting.chart' is defined for module JSChart. Make sure the parameter is specified in JSChart.conf."

Based on the example in the above document, I was using:

<param name="charting.chart">bar</param>

Is that indeed the correct parameter?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

paddygriffin
Path Finder

Right parameter but it's defined for HiddenChartFormatter which is usable in conjunction with JSChart or FlashChart. Simple example below.

bar

100%
400px

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...