Dashboards & Visualizations

Hiding the ellipse menu and Clone option in an embedded dashboard.

tonyparreiro
Explorer

Hello,

I'm trying to publish dashboards into an external application for users without Splunk logins, so I've managed to get as far as being able to display the dashboard in an iframe through a HTML file and have managed to lock down almost everything I can think of right now but there is one thing still allowing a user to end up in the Search application interface which is a deal breaker right now.

Using these "?hideChrome?hideEdit?hideSplunkBar?hideClone?hideFilters" parameters in the url has managed to disable most of the general GUI interface, leaving only the Export and Ellipses buttons. Export I can live with but the Ellipses button still has one option in it "Clone" which once a Dashboard is cloned can drop you back in the full Splunk GUI, this is far from ideal.

alt text

I've also disabled the links on the bottom of each Panel using <option name="link.visible">false</option> in each Panel via the Source editor.

Is there any other option that my Google-Fu skills have let me down on for removing either the Ellipse Menu or the Clone option?

Thanks,
Tony

0 Karma
1 Solution

EmEdwards
Path Finder

This is old but thought I'd post a response.
Add this to the end of your dashboard.

<row>
 <panel depends="$hidden$">
   <html>
     <style>

.edit-other {
       visibility: hidden !important;
   }
 </style>

</panel>

View solution in original post

0 Karma

EmEdwards
Path Finder

This is old but thought I'd post a response.
Add this to the end of your dashboard.

<row>
 <panel depends="$hidden$">
   <html>
     <style>

.edit-other {
       visibility: hidden !important;
   }
 </style>

</panel>
0 Karma

tonyparreiro
Explorer

Thanks EmEdwards, that did the trick.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...