Dashboards & Visualizations

Hide menus and search drill down on Dashboard

DotTest37
Path Finder

I created my first dashboard and it looks great, I would like to create a few (for CEO, Operations, etc),, but I would like to disable the Searh capabilities, the drill down (unless when you click on the charts it takes you to another more detailed chart),, and if possible, all references to the 'Splunk' brand (so it looks more like an internal app Management could use to showcase some stats to partners, etc).
I have the dashboard, but Im looking how to do the other things.

Thanks!
M...

0 Karma

Ant1D
Motivator

Hi,

I am aware that you can disable drilldowns if your code is in Advanced XML format. To disable these drilldowns, comment out or remove the following module and its contents from your code:

<module name="ConvertToDrilldownSearch">
<module name="ViewRedirector">
<param name="viewTarget">flashtimeline</param>
</module>
</module>

You can remove certain references to the Splunk brand via the following file:
$SPLUNK_HOME$/etc/apps/$your_app$/appserver/static/application.css

An example of how you can use this file for your re-branding can be looked at here:
$SPLUNK_HOME$\share\splunk\app_templates\sample_app\appserver\static

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...