Dashboards & Visualizations

Hide dashboard source code in a view

lovenalube

Hello

All my dashboards show their raw xml source code in the footer. I do not remember how is enabled this, but I know Splunk does not do this out-of -the-box. Can you tell me how to disable this feature. I have attached one of my dashboards to show this occurance.

Thank you in advance.

Lovemore Nalube

alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This looks a lot like you somehow merged the Search & Reporting app with the Dashboard Examples app... likely there's a dashboard.js or application.js sitting in etc/apps/search/appserver/static that's taking Dashboard Examples functionality and adding it to your S&R app.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This looks a lot like you somehow merged the Search & Reporting app with the Dashboard Examples app... likely there's a dashboard.js or application.js sitting in etc/apps/search/appserver/static that's taking Dashboard Examples functionality and adding it to your S&R app.

0 Karma

lovenalube

Thank you! That was the correct cause of this issue. I replaced the etc/apps/search folder with the one from the original installation files, restarted Splunk, and that solved the issue!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...