Dashboards & Visualizations

Hide dashboard only for a specific role

Alaza
Explorer

Hello,

I want to hide the Dashboard link in the Navigation menu, only for the user with the role "client".
I know I can hide it on the Navigation menu XML but it is for all the user ( delete the line ).

How can I do that just for a specific role ?

Thanks for your help.
[Splunk Version is 6.6.3]

0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi Alaza,
you have to create two or more roles: one for "client" and one or more for the others.
Then you have to share your dashboards with all roles without "client".
In other words, grants are managed in positive way and it's not possible to deny a feature or a dashboard to a role, you have to enable all feature without the one to deny.

Bye.
Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

You can try changing permissions of specific roles :

User interface » Views » dashboard_name » Permissions

let me know if this helps you!

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi Alaza,
you have to create two or more roles: one for "client" and one or more for the others.
Then you have to share your dashboards with all roles without "client".
In other words, grants are managed in positive way and it's not possible to deny a feature or a dashboard to a role, you have to enable all feature without the one to deny.

Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

Alaza
Explorer

Thanks for your return, I already do that.
To be more precise, the "client" see only the dashboards that I want already, but I want to hide the "button/link" Dashboards in the navigation menu.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi Alaza,
sorry for the misunderstanding!
see at https://answers.splunk.com/answers/102913/controlling-access-to-dashboard-and-search-capability.html I think that's the answer to your question.
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

Alaza
Explorer

Thanks a lot, yes it's answer to my question.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...