Dashboards & Visualizations

Hide Search produced no results error from dashboard in Splunk

sag5757
Explorer

I have a dynamically populated dropdown. Depending on other input values, no values should be populated. However, when this is the case, this error message is displayed below the dropdown, "Search produced no results". How can I stop this error message from displaying?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The message "could not create search" will not disappear until you choose you value from category input. because subcategory field search might be expecting value from category.

make sure you are getting values into subcategory when chosen value in category.

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 1.44.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-04 at 1.43.51 PM.png

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.

View solution in original post

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Not sure how you are using the input parameter in dashboard search.

you can create static values in the input you have created and being populated based on another input and set static value as default.  So you will have always a value in the input even if the Search which is used in input generating no results.

————————————
0 Karma

sag5757
Explorer

Hi, I have 2 values category and sub category . Sub category is dependent on category . so I have created lookup to get these values in dropdown.. I just want to remove below error below the sub category field.

sag5757_0-1596533099701.png

0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The message "could not create search" will not disappear until you choose you value from category input. because subcategory field search might be expecting value from category.

make sure you are getting values into subcategory when chosen value in category.

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 1.44.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-04 at 1.43.51 PM.png

————————————
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...