Dashboards & Visualizations

Help required on regex

rangarbus
Path Finder

Hello Friends,

I am looking for your help for a rex expression.

message =  [2021-05-26 00:00:33,477] {taskinstance.py:669} INFO - Dependencies all met for <TaskInstance: example_dag_oidc.test_bash 2021-05-25 00:00:00+00:00 [None]> 

I would like to split this message field as below fields:

• logDateTime = 2021-05-26 00:00:33,477
  • logLevel = INFO
  • logMessage = Dependencies all met for <TaskInstance: example_dag_oidc.test_bash 2021-05-25 00:00:00+00:00 [None]> 

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

eddieddieddie
Path Finder

Try the following regex with the rex command:

"\[(?<logDateTime>[\d, :,-]+)\].+ (?<logLevel>\w+) - (?<logMessage>.+)"

In Splunk SPL it would look like this (assuming that the raw data is in a field called 'message'):

| rex field=message "\[(?<logDateTime>[\d, :,-]+)\].+ (?<logLevel>\w+) - (?<logMessage>.+)"
| table logDateTime logLevel logMessage

Hopefully that suits your needs?

Eddie

View solution in original post

0 Karma

eddieddieddie
Path Finder

Try the following regex with the rex command:

"\[(?<logDateTime>[\d, :,-]+)\].+ (?<logLevel>\w+) - (?<logMessage>.+)"

In Splunk SPL it would look like this (assuming that the raw data is in a field called 'message'):

| rex field=message "\[(?<logDateTime>[\d, :,-]+)\].+ (?<logLevel>\w+) - (?<logMessage>.+)"
| table logDateTime logLevel logMessage

Hopefully that suits your needs?

Eddie

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...