Dashboards & Visualizations

Help needed in collating two lookup data

Saurabh_S
Engager

I have two lookup user.csv and roles.csv, I'm trying to collate both tables and make a table which shows indexname and username which are using these index. It's getting difficult for me to get accurate data as "splunk_user" is common for all the username and it shows up while I run below query - 
|inputlookup user.csv | lookup roles.csv roles outputnew indexes | table indexes , username

Can someone please help in getting this query right? OR any alternate solution to find all the index and users using those index.

user.csv - "splunk_user" is common for all the username.

username,roles
abc,"splunk_user index2_user"
def,"splunk_user"
xyz,"splunk_user index1_power"
klm,"splunk_user"
pqr,"splunk_user index2_power"

roles.csv

roles,indexes
"splunk_user","index_all index_3 index_4 index_5"
"index1_user","index_1"
"index1_power","index_1"
"index2_user","index_2"
"index2_power","index_2"

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
Legend

Try this

|inputlookup users.csv|makemv roles|mvexpand roles|lookup roles.csv roles OUTPUT indexes|stats values(indexes)  by username
Happy Splunking!

View solution in original post

renjith_nair
Legend

Try this

|inputlookup users.csv|makemv roles|mvexpand roles|lookup roles.csv roles OUTPUT indexes|stats values(indexes)  by username
Happy Splunking!

Saurabh_S
Engager

@renjith_nair Thanks for the quick help.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...