Dashboards & Visualizations

Help how to create bar chart from two different source?

dhavamanis
Builder

Need a help.

Can you please provide the sample query to draw the bar chart (stacked bar chart) with the below info. We have the two sources and index="idxstaging"

1. /var/log/idx/dispacher.log
    column:
    transaction_id
    worker_time (number)
    database_time (number)

2. /var/log/idx/api.log

Column:
    transaction_id
    api_response_time (number)

how can i build a bar chart based on transaction_id from the above column. We want to show the each transaction how long time its spent for worker_time, database_time and api_response_time.

0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this:

index=idxstaging (source=/var/log/idx/dispacher.log OR source=/var/log/idx/api.log) | chart sum(worker_time) sum(database_time) sum(api_response_time) by transaction_id

Configure the chart to bar and stacked through the UI.

View solution in original post

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this:

index=idxstaging (source=/var/log/idx/dispacher.log OR source=/var/log/idx/api.log) | chart sum(worker_time) sum(database_time) sum(api_response_time) by transaction_id

Configure the chart to bar and stacked through the UI.

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm pretty sure that order is based on the column names alphabetically, so name them in a way that suits your ordering needs.

0 Karma

dhavamanis
Builder

Thank you, is it possible to show in this order from the bottom, api_response_time, worker_time and database_time (o top). because the database values are very less and not showing any results.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Append this to your search:

... | addtotals | sort - Total | fields - Total
0 Karma

dhavamanis
Builder

It works, Thank you so much, how can i order the results based value in the chart. like highest value on top and lowest value to bottom.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...