Dashboards & Visualizations

Has anyone packaged a replacement for the SimpleResultsTable?

Lowell
Super Champion

Does anyone know if Splunk plans on building a "non-simple" version of the SimpleResultsTable module? Or has anyone else packaged up an app with a updated or replacement module?

I've seen a bunch of questions out there about ways to hack this module in a number of different ways (just search for "SimpleResultsTable" and you'll see what I mean). I know that Sideview Utils add some functionality based on some posts I've read, but there still seems to be a general lack of ability to some basic formatting without adding custom hacks. For example: Colorizing row/cells, or per-column settings like setting the cell with or text justification.

I'm really just digging into the whole view development thing, and I'm just wondering what direction things are moving. If just hacking at the existing module is the only (or "best") option, then I'll go that direction too, but before I go to all that effort, I figured I'd ask around 😉

1 Solution

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Not that I know of. It's on my list. I have some other items in my queue for Sideview Utils 1.2 but hopefully I'll have a nice ResultsTable module before the end of the year. I hear this a lot.

Top requests seem to be

• heatmaps - using a heatmap just in certain columns
  • heatmaps - having each column use it's own scale for the heatmaps.
  • having access to all of the field values in downstream drilldown config (Note that if you use Sideview Utils, it will patch SimpleResultsTable for you so you can have this functionality in your views)
  • being able to set one or more fields so that they're available in drilldowns but not visible tothe user. ie when you want to display 'fullUserName' but user 'uname' as the drilldown field value.
  • icons, anchor tags in certain table cells, and a long tail of custom rendering requests...

feel free to add your list here...

View solution in original post

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Not that I know of. It's on my list. I have some other items in my queue for Sideview Utils 1.2 but hopefully I'll have a nice ResultsTable module before the end of the year. I hear this a lot.

Top requests seem to be

• heatmaps - using a heatmap just in certain columns
  • heatmaps - having each column use it's own scale for the heatmaps.
  • having access to all of the field values in downstream drilldown config (Note that if you use Sideview Utils, it will patch SimpleResultsTable for you so you can have this functionality in your views)
  • being able to set one or more fields so that they're available in drilldowns but not visible tothe user. ie when you want to display 'fullUserName' but user 'uname' as the drilldown field value.
  • icons, anchor tags in certain table cells, and a long tail of custom rendering requests...

feel free to add your list here...

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Note that all of the above happened, and came out in Sideview Utils 2.2 in the form of the new Sideview "Table" module. Get the latest from the sideview site (2.2.10), and you can read the 4 or so pages of documentation about the Table module's features by navigating in the app to "Module Documentation > The Table Module". And the app itself you can get free for internal use from http://sideviewapps.com/apps/sideview-utils.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...