Dashboards & Visualizations

HTML HREF in a View

DTERM
Contributor

I've got the following code in a view. Everything appears to work fine, except when I click on the HREF to connect to another web site, The link it does not work. The address is correct. I can place the address in a browser and it will work. Why not in a view? Thanks in advance.

<module name="HTML" layoutPanel="viewHeader">
<param name="html"><![CDATA[
<h1 align="center">Customer Activity</h1>
<h2> bla bla</h2>
<h3> more bla bla</h3>
<a align="right" href="http://10.14.53.50:8000/en-US/app/prod/about_dashboard">Client Home</a>
<br>
odalsfaslj saljdfasjf
]]></param>

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Drainy
Champion

I recall having some issues with the way Splunk handles URLs when I was doing some development, try changing the URL to;

/en-US/app/prod/customer_activity

Assuming it is on the same index of course. This is how I appear to have handled all my explicitly defined links in a serversidehtml include on my views.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Drainy
Champion

I recall having some issues with the way Splunk handles URLs when I was doing some development, try changing the URL to;

/en-US/app/prod/customer_activity

Assuming it is on the same index of course. This is how I appear to have handled all my explicitly defined links in a serversidehtml include on my views.

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Note that whenever you're linking from another page in the same app you can just put href="customer_activity" and you don't need to use a full root-relative URL.

0 Karma

DTERM
Contributor

There was a typo in the code. Got it. Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...