Dashboards & Visualizations

Global Time Picker

Marco
Communicator

Hello Splunkers,

I'm developing a Splunk app with about 20 dashboards (20 XML files). Each dashboard has a time picker. The thing I have noticed is that when a user clicks on a new dashboard, the time picker resets. My question is: does Splunk have some sort of Global time picker, so that when a user selects a time value on the time picker it will follow them across multiple dashboards.

Attached below is a brief design of my application and what I am trying to do.

Splunk App Arc.jpg

Any suggestions is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Marco

Labels (5)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@Marco 

If you are travelling between dashboards via drilldown clicks on dashboards, then you can pass the current time picker values in the URL parameters, e.g. add 

form.time_range.earliest=$time_range.earliest$&form.time_range.latest=$time_range.latest$

to your drilldown links, along with any other url params you are passing. The above assumes your token for the time picker is called time_range.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@Marco 

If you are travelling between dashboards via drilldown clicks on dashboards, then you can pass the current time picker values in the URL parameters, e.g. add 

form.time_range.earliest=$time_range.earliest$&form.time_range.latest=$time_range.latest$

to your drilldown links, along with any other url params you are passing. The above assumes your token for the time picker is called time_range.

0 Karma

Marco
Communicator

Thank you, @bowesmana . it took me a while to see what you meant but I figured it out .  For anybody that might  be curious on how I implemented the code - check below.

dashboard1 is the name of the dashboard I want to go to and the string following that is the time picker value.

<link>dashboard1?form.Time_Picker.earliest=$Time_Picker.earliest$&amp;form.Time_Picker.latest=$Time_Picker.latest$</link>

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...