Dashboards & Visualizations

Give user an option to show hide panels within a Dashboard

architkhanna
Path Finder

Will it be possible in Splunk to give user an option to show hide panels within a dashboard as per their needs.   
So if a dashboard has 10 panels/metrics,and user wishes to see only 5 , can this be done ?

Would appreciate if someone can propose any idea.
TIA 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

architkhanna
Path Finder

Does not Work. Try hard next time. 
I am shocked how even answering multiple times you fail to implement this scenario.
Happy Learning!

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You are unclear what does not work - is it the depends attribute you are having difficulty with, or simple input panels, or just your ability to perform simple searches, or understanding the results returned? Alienating people who give up their time to help people doesn't seem like a wise life choice. I am glad you are going to try harder though. Good luck!

0 Karma

architkhanna
Path Finder

Yes I will keep on learning rather than judging others so soon.
Thank you so much for your time and not being helpful at all.
One quick suggestion: Do not waste your and my time here, since you are of no help anyways. And let others help in case they have some better solution.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That's my point, others have already given solutions to your question, I have even suggested (and shown) how you can access these solutions easily. There is no point other people wasting their time giving you answers which are already available to you.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Use the depends attribute on the panel or row and set the token through whatever input mechanism you want. Try searching answers for "hide panel" for links to previous answers. You probably should have done that before asking the question!

0 Karma

architkhanna
Path Finder

And what makes you think I have not tried that option or try searching before posting my question.
Please refrain from commenting if you do not have any answer or can redirect to an accepted answer. You should know that by now being on this community!

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

A simple search as I said gives you an answer, plus, I have personally answered this sort of question numerous times. A little more effort on your part would have easily found the answers.

ITWhisperer_0-1610343305355.pngITWhisperer_1-1610343375277.png

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...