Hi!
I have XML-events with different name values:

<reactiontimes>
<rt1>1.42</rt1>
<rt2>1.31</rt2>
<rt3>1.33</rt3>
<rtN>X.XX</rtN>
</ractiontimes>

How can I get AVG of rt* for each event?
Thank you!

0 Karma
1 Solution

dineshraj9
Builder

Try this way -

index="dynavision" | streamstats count as event_count by _raw | rex max_match=0 "rt\d\>(?<REACTION_TIME>[\d\.]+)" | table _raw event_count REACTION_TIME | mvexpand REACTION_TIME | stats avg(REACTION_TIME) as AVG_REACTION_TIME by _raw event_count | fields - event_count | eval AVG_REACTION_TIME=round(AVG_REACTION_TIME,2)

View solution in original post

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Try this:

Your Base Search Here | streamstats count AS serial | fields serial rt* | untable serial rt_stuff count | stats avg(count) BY serial

That gives the avg of the values inside of each event. From there you can easily get further averages across events.

0 Karma

dineshraj9
Builder

Try this way -

index="dynavision" | streamstats count as event_count by _raw | rex max_match=0 "rt\d\>(?<REACTION_TIME>[\d\.]+)" | table _raw event_count REACTION_TIME | mvexpand REACTION_TIME | stats avg(REACTION_TIME) as AVG_REACTION_TIME by _raw event_count | fields - event_count | eval AVG_REACTION_TIME=round(AVG_REACTION_TIME,2)

yurykiselev
Path Finder

Thank you!

0 Karma

yurykiselev
Path Finder

Found something:

index="dynavision" | eval rt_sum = 0 | eval rt_count = 0 | foreach modeBdata.red.reactiontimes.rt* [eval rt_count = rt_count + 1 | eval rt_sum = rt_sum + '<<FIELD>>' ] | eval rt_avg = rt_sum / rt_count

But it seems works only for first event((

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...