Dashboards & Visualizations

Gauge Not Showing Correct Number?

pmacdonald
Explorer

I have the following that should display the current free memory in a windows system. However, it appears that I am missing something.

index="perfmonmemory" | eval mem_free=mem_free/1024 | eval mem_free=round(mem_free,0) | timechart count span=1min | bin _time span=1min | stats avg(mem_free) as rpm | gauge rpm 10 20 30 40 50 60
Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

A bunch of things wrong with that search.

You are not looking for a time series, so no point in timechart.

Your timechart is just calculating count, so when you try to use mem_free after the timechart, that field is no longer present.

You are using 'bin' command, which is about splicing by time, but you're not actually using _time in your stats - if you want to bin by _time with stats, then you do stats ... by _time after the bin.

This should get you to what you want

index="perfmonmemory" 
| eval mem_free=mem_free/1024 
| eval mem_free=round(mem_free,0) 
| stats avg(mem_free) as rpm 
| gauge rpm 10 20 30 40 50 60

View solution in original post

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

A bunch of things wrong with that search.

You are not looking for a time series, so no point in timechart.

Your timechart is just calculating count, so when you try to use mem_free after the timechart, that field is no longer present.

You are using 'bin' command, which is about splicing by time, but you're not actually using _time in your stats - if you want to bin by _time with stats, then you do stats ... by _time after the bin.

This should get you to what you want

index="perfmonmemory" 
| eval mem_free=mem_free/1024 
| eval mem_free=round(mem_free,0) 
| stats avg(mem_free) as rpm 
| gauge rpm 10 20 30 40 50 60

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...