Dashboards & Visualizations

Flashchart Question

Ant1D
Motivator

Hey,

I have been searching through the vast module reference and have not been able to find a specific <param...>

When I place my mouse over a key item (to the side of a chart), the chart shows only items that match that key whilst the other items are blanked out.

I have also seen examples where when you place your mouse over a bar in the chart, it gets the focus whilst all other bars (including those of the same type) disappear/blank out. What <param> do I need to set in the flashchart module or hiddenchartformatter module to make this work?

Just to add clarity:

I have a stacked column chart. If I place my mouse over one part of a stacked bar that has 3 parts altogether, then the other two parts of the bar that my mouse is not touching does not fade away. If it should fade by default, it is not behaving correctly. Is there a way to change this?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

ftk
Motivator

The behavior you describe is the flashchart module's default behavior, no special params need to be configured for this behavior.

[edit:] In regards to your clarification: Hovering over a single field in a column on a stacked column chart should fade out all other columns and all other fields in the current column. The same behavior should be exhibited by the bar chart.

View solution in original post

ftk
Motivator

The behavior you describe is the flashchart module's default behavior, no special params need to be configured for this behavior.

[edit:] In regards to your clarification: Hovering over a single field in a column on a stacked column chart should fade out all other columns and all other fields in the current column. The same behavior should be exhibited by the bar chart.

Ant1D
Motivator

The default behaviour described does work when you use a normal dashboard. However, in this case, I used modules so maybe the default behaviour does not take effect in this situation. Anyway it is not a big issue.

0 Karma

Ant1D
Motivator

Have a look at the 'Just to add clarity:' section above

0 Karma

Ant1D
Motivator

Does this default behaviour work for a column chart? It is not working for my column chart.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...