Dashboards & Visualizations

First column of table to be sticky

jugarugabi
Path Finder

Hello, 

So I am having a report in a panel that is having 65 columns. 

Due to the fact that the first row contains an information that needs to be freezed when scrolling from left to right. 

Now, I have tried the following approach: 

<panel id="Scoring_Server_Totals_Day">
<html depends="$alwaysHideCSS$">
<style>
#Scoring_Server_Totals_Day { width:85% !important; font-size: 85%; }
#Table_Scoring_Server_Totals_Day div [data-view="views/shared/results_table/ResultsTableMaster"] td:nth-child(1) {
position: fixed;
}
#Table_Scoring_Server_Totals_Day div [data-view="views/shared/results_table/ResultsTableMaster"] th:nth-child(1) {
position: fixed;
}
</style>
</html>
<table id="Table_Scoring_Server_Totals_Day">
<title>Txns scored per server &amp; instance today</title>
<search ref="Scoring Server Totals"></search>
<option name="count">50</option>
<option name="drilldown">none</option>
</table>
</panel>

However output is defective - it overlaps the Serv01:::1 details when it should've kept the "Scored" column separately.

Despite it works for the scrolling  on left-to-right, it gets stuck even when scrolling up-to-down. 

jugarugabi_0-1613052110891.png

I have using position: sticky instead of position: fixed, but it ignores it and it fails to remain sticky when scrolling left-to-right. 

Any idea what's wrong in the code?

Thanks,
Gabriel

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
#Table_Scoring_Server_Totals_Day th:first-child,td:first-child {
left: 0;
z-index: 9999;
position: sticky;
}

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you tried adding !important into the style so it doesn't get overridden? For example:

#Table_Scoring_Server_Totals_Day div [data-view="views/shared/results_table/ResultsTableMaster"] th:nth-child(1) {
position: fixed !important;
}

0 Karma

jugarugabi
Path Finder

@ITWhisperer yep, it tries to stay sticky, using only: 

}

However, during the scrolling l-t-r the header vanishes behind the 2nd column and the speed isn't remaining sticky:

jugarugabi_0-1613054713165.png

If I am adding: 

#Table_Scoring_Server_Totals_Day div [data-view="views/shared/results_table/ResultsTableMaster"] td:nth-child(1) {
          }

underneath the previous code... I'm getting back to square one. 

Even if I am removing "!important" from the position of td:nth-child(1), I still get the Scored column overlapping the Serv01. 

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
#Table_Scoring_Server_Totals_Day th:first-child,td:first-child {
left: 0;
z-index: 9999;
position: sticky;
}

jugarugabi
Path Finder

@ITWhisperer you're a life saver. 

Thanks a lot! It worked and now I have the results as expected. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...