Dashboards & Visualizations

Filter Data

pglover12

I have a large list of data.  I want to only see lines that include certain words.  ie would be: Restart.  I want to see all mins that are spent to restart a product.  I want to create categories for certain words sum the the mins and have it in a pie chart.  So the line item may say...restarted>RESTARTED>re started> etc.  I want to captured the information in one section of the pie.  I can do a google hangout if anyone would like to work with me on this.

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

HI @pglover12,

you have to identify the words to use for data classification and use them, e.g.:

error: error, panic, critical

authentication: login, logout, logfail

etc...

your-search
| eval type=case(searchmatch("error","error", searchmatch("panic","error", searchmatch("critical","error", searchmatch("login","authentication", searchmatch("logout","authentication",searchmatch("logfail","authentication")
| stats count BY type

use this search as an approach for your searches.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

tscroggins
Influencer

@pglover12 

If you events do not include a duration, you'll need to calculate one from a start and end event. For example:

Mar 13 00:23:00 host1 food: Restarted.
Mar 13 00:15:00 host1 food: Restarting...

where host=host1 and process=food.

host=* process=* Restarting Restarted
| transaction host process startswith=Restarting endswith=Restarted
| eval duration_mins=duration / 60
| eval category=host.":".process
| stats sum(duration_mins) by category

You can include multiple variations on start and end indicators.

The transaction command doesn't necessarily scale well, but a more detailed example of your source data would be required to provide a more scalable solution.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...