Dashboards & Visualizations

Feature Request: How to embed a dashboard (not a report) that is updated every hour in a webpage?

lquinn
Contributor

Hi, I have been looking through all of the questions and answers on this subject and a lot of them seem to be outdated. I have successfully embedded a report in a webpage, however I would like users to the be able to click on a link and see the whole dashboard. Is there any way to easily embed a dashboard to a webpage and for it to be updated say every hour?

MuS
Legend

Down voting an almost 3 years old post because of a broken link?!? Seriously?

But hey, that's why we are here - to help 😉 Link is updated and looking forward to your up-vote.

cheers, MuS

0 Karma

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

I got downvoted recently for a very old no-longer-in-context answer, too. The funny thing is, when I deleted the answer, the Karma did not return (unlike how Karma goes away if somebody unaccepts an answer).

MuS
Legend

Isn't that kind of sad?!? People down vote old answers just because of broken links or on longer valid answers???
I mean valid answers for Splunk 4.x which are maybe no longer valid for Splunk 6.x don't deserve a down-vote!
Let's get the FeZ powers working ...

0 Karma

robryals
Engager

I'm sorry, I thought downvoting might be used to help other find relevant answers to questions they have today, did not realize so many ego's would be bruised in the process.

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

The major problem here is that there is no way to tag Splunk versions in Answers and therefore give/provide people like you a valid way to search for information that is only valid/related to your Splunk version.

This is not related to ego's would be bruised in the process 🙂

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Right, I am complaining about broken-ness of the system, not really about downvoting, but since the topic came up, maybe read and contribute your opinions here:

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/244111/proper-etiquette-and-timing-for-voting-here-on-ans.html

woodcock
Esteemed Legend
0 Karma

MuS
Legend

yeah sorry my bad .... did mixed up the report / dashboard here

0 Karma

rsathish47
Contributor

Do we have an option to embed dashboard?

0 Karma

jasongori
Explorer

bump. this would be a great feature to add to the roadmap. Having the ability to add dropdowns/radios along with content on a collaboration site...

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

You can file a feature request here http://www.splunk.com/index.php/submit_issue (the P4 category)

lquinn
Contributor

I have looked at this, however I would like to embed the whole dashboard, not just a report. Thanks!

0 Karma

OL
Communicator

Hello lquinn,

Can you add a static link in the dashboard itself using the html tag?

Regards,
Olivier

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...