Dashboards & Visualizations

Extracting data from the search result model

mikdman
Engager

Is it possible to extract data from the search result model in some fashion?
Referencing this question :https://answers.splunk.com/answers/293431/how-to-get-data-from-search-manager.html

If i have a search manager and extract data from it using the search results model:

var myResults = search.data("results"); // get the data from that search
     myResults.on("data", function() {
         resultArray = myResults.data().rows;
         // do stuff with the results
     });

is there away to extract out resultArray so i can perform operations on it outside of myResults.on(...)?
Or, is there another method to approaching the matter of getting data in an array format where i don't have to jump through Backbone?

Thanks in advance.

duesser
Path Finder

I have the same issue.. Is there a way? I tried writing into submitted token model inside "on" call but cannot "get" the token on the higher level. On the console I can see that it was indeed writen into the token though.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...