Dashboards & Visualizations

External link to multiple dashboards

AZ
Engager

Our scrum team used to have a single Splunk dashboard, and a link to it on our Jira board, so that the product manager could easily jump to it when he was checking on our progress.  Now I've added 6 more dashboards, but would rather not add 6 more links if I can help it.  Is there a way to link to all of them at once?  The dashboard names share a common prefix for easy filtering, but filtering doesn't affect the URL so it doesn't seem like that will help.  Can I create a dashboard that contains links to other dashboards?  Or some sort of home page that's specific to our team?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @AZ,

yes, you can craete a dashboard displaying the links to the other dashboard, a kind of menu Home page.

You can do this in many ways:

• putting the links in an html box for each link,
  • create a lookup containing the name of the dashboard to display and the link to the dashboard, then you can show the lookup in a dinamic dashboard.

I prefer the second option, because if you have do add a new dashboard or delete one of them, you can do it in the lookup instead to modify dashboard code.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @AZ,

yes, you can craete a dashboard displaying the links to the other dashboard, a kind of menu Home page.

You can do this in many ways:

• putting the links in an html box for each link,
  • create a lookup containing the name of the dashboard to display and the link to the dashboard, then you can show the lookup in a dinamic dashboard.

I prefer the second option, because if you have do add a new dashboard or delete one of them, you can do it in the lookup instead to modify dashboard code.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

AZ
Engager

Grazie Giuseppe, two very good options. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...