Dashboards & Visualizations

Edit legend from Choropleth map chart

gcescatto

Hey guys,

I'm building a Choropleth map chart and I would like to edit the legend values range.

The data that is being inputted on this chart is as this:
{"A" : "1",
"B" : "3",
"C" : "5"}

As you can see in the image below, the legend values doesn't make any sense:
alt text

What I would like to have, is a legend where the values vary as:
Red: 1 to 2
Yellow: 2 to 4
Green: 4 to 5

Close to what I got here below, but with different values:
alt text

Can someone please help?

Thanks a lot (:

Tags (2)
0 Karma

splunk68
Path Finder

You may take a look here: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/313032/how-to-apply-colors-of-a-choropleth-map-on-a-field.html
Based on the answer of @TarlKudrick and the information in the other post, I could get the choropleth map display a legend of 9 custom ranges using the colors I wanted for each range.

0 Karma

TarlKudrick

I can answer part of your question, because I just solved it for a different context. Let's say "count" is the variable you're mapping. You can use the case command (through eval) to group your "count" into categories and give them any names you want.

Example:

| eval count=case(count<3, "Red: 1 to 2", (count<=3 AND count<5), "Yellow: 3 to 4", count>=5, "Green: 5 to 6")

I recognize you originally said you wanted "1-2", "2-4" and "4-5" as your ranges, but I would suggest not having the same number be the top of one range and the bottom of the next.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...