Dashboards & Visualizations

Edit Search String Not Available On Dashboard

donaldwayne1975
Path Finder

Edit Search String Not Available On Dashboard. I am trying to add a time selector input to my dashboard following the steps from here:http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.3/SearchTutorial/Createnewdashboard. I have attempted adjusting the permissions and restarting the services and results remain the same. Thank you in advance for your time.

alt text

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It looks as if you've added a report to that panel, not an inline search. To edit the search string in that report, hit the left button of those three circled, click the report name, and click open in search. Make your changes, test them, and hit save in the top right corner above the search bar.

Note: This will change the report, so changes will propagate to everyone and everything using that report.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It looks as if you've added a report to that panel, not an inline search. To edit the search string in that report, hit the left button of those three circled, click the report name, and click open in search. Make your changes, test them, and hit save in the top right corner above the search bar.

Note: This will change the report, so changes will propagate to everyone and everything using that report.

0 Karma

donaldwayne1975
Path Finder

Martin,

Thank you for the information. Yes, I used reports for the dashboard. I have changed the way I had the panels to inline search. All is functioning as I wanted.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...