Dashboards & Visualizations

Dropdown wildcard

dbcase
Motivator

Hi,

I have a dropdown that lists individual values (example, 1,2,3,4,5) with a token num. The query looks like this

index=blah numberfield="$num$"

And that works just fine

What I'd like to do is to be able to select ALL values (i.e. ). The dropdown would now have values of *,1,2,3,4,5). Easy enough. The question is how do I structure the query? By using the one above I get no matches because the numberfield is never = "".

Help?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

dbcase
Motivator

Found it!

Change the * to %

then use the like command

search|where like(numberfield,"$num$")

View solution in original post

0 Karma

dbcase
Motivator

Found it!

Change the * to %

then use the like command

search|where like(numberfield,"$num$")

0 Karma

dbcase
Motivator

well darn it, the asterisk did show. The last sentence is supposed to read like this

What I'd like to do is to be able to select ALL values (i.e. *). The dropdown would now have values of *,1,2,3,4,5). Easy enough. The question is how do I structure the query? By using the one above I get no matches because the numberfield is never = "*".
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...