Dashboards & Visualizations

Dropdown has search filter box and others don't

monteiroh
Explorer

I noticed that some dropdown's have filter box where u can filter the name of the input like "person" u can chose to search "per" and the dropdown returns the input "person" but others do not have this option. I would like to know where this option can be configured?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

niketn
Legend

@monteiroh, I just realized that since you want to hide Search option for all Dropdown you can do this directly through CSS Override in Simple XML. Add the following code to your dashboard and test.

<row depends="$alwaysHideCSSPanel$">
    <panel>
      <html>
        <style>
          div.select2-with-searchbox div.select2-search{
            visibility: hidden !important;
          }
          div.select2-with-searchbox ul.select2-results{
            position:relative !important;
            top:-30px !important;
          }
        </style>
      </html>
    </panel>
  </row>

View solution in original post

niketn
Legend

@monteiroh, I just realized that since you want to hide Search option for all Dropdown you can do this directly through CSS Override in Simple XML. Add the following code to your dashboard and test.

<row depends="$alwaysHideCSSPanel$">
    <panel>
      <html>
        <style>
          div.select2-with-searchbox div.select2-search{
            visibility: hidden !important;
          }
          div.select2-with-searchbox ul.select2-results{
            position:relative !important;
            top:-30px !important;
          }
        </style>
      </html>
    </panel>
  </row>

haripriyasarve1
Explorer

Can we implement this search functionality for multicheckbox inputs. My multicheck box input has 1000 checkbox, so I want to implement a search capability so user can search in that input. Thank in advance

0 Karma

monteiroh
Explorer

i want the search box always on for a specific dropdown, but when i change the time range and the results change the search box disappears do u know why?

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@monteiroh, the code option I have provided is to hide the search bar. However, the behavior of Dropdown populated with Search query is that On Selecting a value in the Blank Dropdown (first time or after Removing previous Value), if there is a key typed it performs a Search in the values populated in the dropdown to either select the values/values starting with the Key pressed or else Display No Result Found.

If you need any changes to the this behavior you should reach out to Splunk Support with valid entitlement requesting this enhancement.

monteiroh
Explorer

but u know why the same dropdown sometimes has the search query option and sometimes dont?

0 Karma

arns

Hello,

According to some tests, if the dropdown is based on a valid search with valid results, the filter box will show up.

If you have only static values it won't.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@arns yes I think I brought that up in one of my recent answers. However, behavior should be consistent whether we use Search or Static option.

niketn
Legend

@monteiroh sorry I dont. You should definitely work with Splunk Support for behavior to be consistent.

monteiroh
Explorer

but i have the opposite of what u told. In a dropdown with values resulting from a search i have the option to filter them.

0 Karma

monteiroh
Explorer
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@monteiroh, I was not talking about the Splunk JS Stack or Splunk Web Framework. I was talking about Simple XML JS extension so that you can use jQuery Selector to hide specific element. However, seems like the same is possible through CSS override as well. Refer to answer below.

Just for reference following are two Dropdown dialogues:

1) With Search Bar

<div class="select2-drop select2-display-none select2-with-searchbox select2-drop-active" style="display: block; left: 20px; width: 220px; top: 266px; bottom: auto;" id="select2-drop">
   <div class="select2-search">
       <label for="s2id_autogen2_search" class="select2-offscreen"></label>
       <input type="text" autocomplete="off" autocorrect="off" autocapitalize="off" spellcheck="false" class="select2-input" role="combobox" aria-expanded="true" aria-autocomplete="list" aria-owns="select2-results-2" id="s2id_autogen2_search" placeholder="" aria-activedescendant="select2-result-label-97">
   </div>
   <ul class="select2-results" role="listbox" id="select2-results-2">
        <li class="select2-results-dept-0 select2-result select2-result-selectable select2-highlighted" role="presentation">
            <div class="select2-result-label" id="select2-result-label-97" role="option" title="One">One</div>
        </li>
        <li class="select2-results-dept-0 select2-result select2-result-selectable" role="presentation">
            <div class="select2-result-label" id="select2-result-label-98" role="option" title="Two">Two</div>
        </li>
        <li class="select2-results-dept-0 select2-result select2-result-selectable" role="presentation">
            <div class="select2-result-label" id="select2-result-label-99" role="option" title="Three">Three</div>
        </li>
    </ul>
</div>

2. Without Search Bar

<div class="select2-drop select2-display-none select2-drop-active" style="display: block; left: 510px; width: 220px; top: 266px; bottom: auto;" id="select2-drop">
    <div class="select2-search select2-search-hidden select2-offscreen">
        <label for="s2id_autogen36_search" class="select2-offscreen"></label>
        <input type="text" autocomplete="off" autocorrect="off" autocapitalize="off" spellcheck="false" class="select2-input" role="combobox" aria-expanded="true" aria-autocomplete="list" aria-owns="select2-results-36" id="s2id_autogen36_search" placeholder="" aria-activedescendant="select2-result-label-104">
    </div>
    <ul class="select2-results" role="listbox" id="select2-results-36">
        <li class="select2-results-dept-0 select2-result select2-result-selectable select2-highlighted" role="presentation">
            <div class="select2-result-label" id="select2-result-label-104" role="option" title="All">All</div>
        </li>
            <div class="select2-result-label" id="select2-result-label-105" role="option" title="ERROR">ERROR</div>
        </li>
            <div class="select2-result-label" id="select2-result-label-106" role="option" title="INFO">INFO</div>
        </li>
            <div class="select2-result-label" id="select2-result-label-107" role="option" title="WARN">WARN</div>
        </li>
    </ul>
</div>

niketn
Legend

@monteiroh can you add a screenshot of where it is not available? May be simple xml code for that element as well. Splunk input Dropdown should give you the option to search through a text box when you click on the dropdown (through a dialog box that opens).

ravidudala
Explorer

Hello,

Instructions are available in the below Doc - Under Static and dynamic inputs to forms

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.0.3/Viz/Buildandeditforms

Thanks | RD

0 Karma

monteiroh
Explorer

hi,

i already searched on that page but it does not tell how u can enable /disable it.

thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...