Dashboards & Visualizations

Dropdown disabled when switched to Splunk free edition

bonddodla

Hi ,

I have recently switched to Splunk free edition from trial edition. What I observed post the change is I am not able to edit dropdown created in the dashboard for dynamic search.
Is it a feature that is not allowed in the free edition of Splunk?
Please help.

0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Buy Splunk? Alternatively, if it's appropriate you could get a developer license.

Also if you could provide more information about what sort of drop-down it is, what is used to display, what it displays now, how you have tried to edit it ... That sort of information may help us help you figure out what's wrong.

Thanks!

0 Karma

bonddodla

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I have applied requested for developer license.

The problem is I am creating a dashboard where I am adding an input drop-down dynamic option based on which user selects a value and the dashboard panel value changes accordingly.
So after creating the drop-down when I am trying to select any values the mouse is protected and I am not able to select any inputs populated in the drop-down.
This was working when I was in trial license, but once I changed to free it is not allowing me to select the values in drop-down for dynamic option.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@bonddodla take a backup of your current app and uninstall Splunk followed by installation of latest version. Upload the app after fresh installation.

bonddodla

Thanks. It worked after re-installation , although i am not sure what went wrong previously.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...