Dashboards & Visualizations

Dropdown Input and accent characters

ookamidono
Explorer

I would like to create a dashboard with a dropdown input.
The input would affect dynamically the field application_methodName.
The problem is that I have some method names that contain accents in it, and they are not recognized when doing a search through this input.
Next is the code of the input query :

index=my_index timeseriesId="
appmethod.useractions"
| dedup application_methodId
| table application_methodName
| sort application_methodName

And the code of the query I'm trying to match with the dropdown input :

index=my_index application_methodName="$userAction_token$" timeseriesId="appmethod.useractions"
| stats sum(value)

I could also use a application_methodId field as the dropdown token (that would erase the problem), but then it won't be user friendly anymore. 
Any idea on how to make the query recognize accents ? Or a way to use the id as the token while still displaying the name in the dropdown ? 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Your dropdown can use two columns from the query, one for the label (what the user sees) and one for the value (what the token is set to). Change your query for the dropdown to return two columns and use fieldforlabel and fieldforvalue options to define which is which.

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Your dropdown can use two columns from the query, one for the label (what the user sees) and one for the value (what the token is set to). Change your query for the dropdown to return two columns and use fieldforlabel and fieldforvalue options to define which is which.

ookamidono
Explorer

Thanks for the quick answer, it works perfectly well.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...