Dashboards & Visualizations

Drilldown on event annotation?

Graham_Hanningt
Builder

I've started using event annotations in Splunk 7.3.0.

I'm successfully displaying event annotations for transactions that "abended" (abnormally ended) overlaid on a time chart of all transactions. (If transactions that abended sounds odd, think: events that failed.)

The time chart already has the charting.drilldown option set to all. If a bar in the time chart is overlaid with one or more annotations, clicking that bar shows a search table of all transactions for that bar, including transactions that abended. Since I'm familiar with the data and its fields, I can adjust the search to show me only the transactions that abended. But not all users will be that familiar with the data.

I'd like users to be able to click an event annotation and see the search results for that specific event. Is that possible via Simple XML? If not, how difficult would that be to implement in bespoke code?

haph
Path Finder

Any solution for this? 

I would like to do the same

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...