Dashboards & Visualizations

Display selected time range from default dashboard picker

ErikaE
Communicator

I'd like to save the earliest time and latest time from a selection on the default dashboard time picker. When a user of the dashboard selects a Date&Time range I'd like to display that date and time range on the dashboard for clarity.

Best case would be putting that token in a title, second best would be adding a single value to display it.

Any suggestions? I tried using the token $field1$ but the search wouldn't run.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

You can use following search to get the current selected time-range picker value.

|gentimes start=-1 | addinfo | convert ctime(*) | eval message="Total failed attempts ".info_min_time." to ".info_max_time | table message

Now you can run this search as a single value panel OR run as separate search element and setup tokens with value from the results (and then use the token in your title/label).
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.1/Viz/tokens#Search_tokens_for_dynamic_display_examp...

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...