Dashboards & Visualizations

Display full SPL from job properties for a post-process search

KenL
Explorer

When debugging a dashboard sometimes it's helpful to be able to see the search that was ran with all the token values.  To do this, I sometimes add inline HTML to show me the query strings so that I don't have to keep opening a new window to view what it is that broke the search.  However, this worked fine until I started debugging post-process searches.  Here's an example:

<input type=dropdown token="filterZ">
</input>
<search id="base">
  <query>index=abc | stats count by fieldA, fieldB</query>
</search>

<search base="base">
  <query>| search fieldA="$filterZ$"</query>
    <progress>
      <eval token="resCount">$job.resultCount$</eval>
      <eval token="strSearch">$job.search$</eval>
    </progress>
</search>

<row>
  <panel>
    <html>
      <div>
        Results: $resCount$ <br/>
        Search: $strSearch$
      </div>
    </html>
  </panel>
</row>

The job.resultCount returns the correct number to the post-processing search.  I.e. if the base search returns 1000 rows, and the post search returns 50, the $resCount$ token tells me 50.  However, the $strSearch$ shows me only the query for the base search.  Is there another job property I could use which will show me the entire query including the pose-processing portion? I.e. index=abc | stats count by fieldA, fieldB | search fieldA="xyz"

Labels (1)
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...