Dashboards & Visualizations

How do I disable bootstrap-enterprise.css?

esperanca
Explorer

I'm working on a fully custom app and would like to disable bootstrap-enterprise.css, is this possible ?

Labels (1)

nikupiku
Explorer

I am also trying to create my custom app in angular and put it inside splunk dashboard. I am using bootstrap in my angular app. When I put my app inside the dashboard, it conflicts with the bootstrap-enterprise.css in the dashboard and all the elements gets messed up. 
So, Is there any way that I can make my bootstrap take higher priority when loading than the bootstrap-enterprise.css?

dd1b
Engager

It is happening to me also when I use ReactJS for some dashboards. After I load 

import 'bootstrap/dist/css/bootstrap.min.css';

If I use this line, the splunk panel will not be displayed anymore so I cannot add new elements
If I don't use it, I cannot use bootstrap grid system.

Any recommendations?
0 Karma

eliav2
Explorer

Any one succeding at removing the default CSS (bootstrap-enterprise.css) from custom splunk app?

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

Is this only for Dashboards built in your App?

You can either override all the settings in appserver/static/dashboard.css or create your own CSS file to be included in your dashboards like save your own copy of bootstrap.css and save as bootstrap-enterprise.css.

You can check out Custom Layout Dark Example from Splunk Dashboard Examples App as well.

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Are you referring to ${SPLUNK_HOME}/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/exposed/build/css/bootstrap-enterprise.css

I've never come across this file. How is it getting in your way? Give more context on the larger goal/challenge at hand in case there are other approaches worth us sharing.

0 Karma

esperanca
Explorer

Could be that, not sure where the file comes from exactly.
It gets in our way by applying styles we then have to counter with other styles.
I get the idea that there is no way around this as any client that would download our app from the marketplace would have the bootstrap-enterprise.css file in their Splunk instance anyway.

0 Karma

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

See @niketnilay's comment. I asked which file because if it's one from the app or the one from the splunk base install determines if this is really an issue or not. The below comment captures the point I was getting at.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...