Dashboards & Visualizations

Disable Preview Mode in SideView

jraynor196
Explorer

Is it possible to turn off the preview window. Some of my views are complex and
some have auto refresh turned on, so this makes developing those views
a little harder (while it is refreshing). If you had a checkbox or
something to disable preview mode, that would be great.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There is a core Splunk module called "EnablePreview" that you can use today. It's a bit clunky and works differently than other modules, but it works, and I haven't yet gotten around to creating a better way.

The weird thing about it, is that you have to put the EnablePreview module below the "dispatch point". If you remember your reading from the "Introduction to the Advanced XML" page in Sideview Utils, there's a certain point in the hierarchy below which the framework will have automatically dispatched the search. As long as the EnablePreview module is at that point or below, you can use it to turn preview on or off as you like.

To have it just be hidden and turn preview OFF,

<module name="EnablePreview">
  <param name="enable">False</param>
  <param name="display">False</param>
</module>

and if for some reason you want it to be a visible checkbox that users can click while the job is running, that will indeed turn preview on/off right while the job is running.

</module>

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There is a core Splunk module called "EnablePreview" that you can use today. It's a bit clunky and works differently than other modules, but it works, and I haven't yet gotten around to creating a better way.

The weird thing about it, is that you have to put the EnablePreview module below the "dispatch point". If you remember your reading from the "Introduction to the Advanced XML" page in Sideview Utils, there's a certain point in the hierarchy below which the framework will have automatically dispatched the search. As long as the EnablePreview module is at that point or below, you can use it to turn preview on or off as you like.

To have it just be hidden and turn preview OFF,

<param name="display">False</param>
</module>

and if for some reason you want it to be a visible checkbox that users can click while the job is running, that will indeed turn preview on/off right while the job is running.

</module>
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...