Dashboards & Visualizations

Debugging dashboard queries

lassel
Communicator

I am working on a dashboard with dynamic input fields.
It would be very useful to see the actual query that Splunk is running, based on my input fields.

Is it possible to display the query?

0 Karma
1 Solution

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

One way to do it is go to Activity -> Jobs which will show you the recent searches.

View solution in original post

Runals
Motivator

Are you wanting to see the query dynamically within the dashboard for people using it OR are you asking more from a troubleshooting perspective? For troubleshooting what I tend to do is adjust my inputs in order to get the query to run and then click the magnifying glass in the lower left corner of the dashboard panel. That opens the query into another browser tab and allows me to see what Splunk is trying to run.

lassel
Communicator

I like this answer too!

0 Karma

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

One way to do it is go to Activity -> Jobs which will show you the recent searches.

vganjare
Builder

You can check the actual query ran in Job Inspector. It is present in Search Properties under eventSearch

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...