Dashboards & Visualizations

Dashboard studio - How do I modify width of Input fields and add image?

dmoberg
Path Finder

I have created a Dashboard using the Dashboard Studio and am trying to find out how to adjust the width of an input field. By googling I was able to find instructions for how to add CSS to the Form in the Classic Dashboard, but have not been able to find out how to do the same using Dashboard Studio. Anyone knows how to achieve this?

Also, is there any way to add a Chart, Image or similar to the Right of the Input fields?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@dmoberg - Adding CSS and Javascript is not possible in Dashboard Studio.

So the only option you have is to use Dashboard Studio configurations - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.0/DashStudio/objOptRef

For text-box input I see only following options (I do not see option to increase width):

VatsalJagani_0-1660561831882.png

I hope this helps!!! Upvote/karma is appreciated!!

View solution in original post

dmoberg
Path Finder

Thanks! That was a bit disappointing though. Seems like Splunk improved the GUI and usability with the Dashboard Studio but at the same time made it contain less possibilities and features. We might have to switch back to the Classic dashboards.....

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yeah, CSS and JS is the thing why I'm still on the classical dashboard.

Kindly accept the answer if it resolved your query by clicking "Accept as Solution".

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@dmoberg - Adding CSS and Javascript is not possible in Dashboard Studio.

So the only option you have is to use Dashboard Studio configurations - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.0/DashStudio/objOptRef

For text-box input I see only following options (I do not see option to increase width):

VatsalJagani_0-1660561831882.png

I hope this helps!!! Upvote/karma is appreciated!!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...