Dashboards & Visualizations

Dashboard stuck on loading

jonydupre
Path Finder

Hi all,

I inserted a submit button in a form in the source code of a dashboard, but that's not possible, unlike an input field. Input fields can be placed inside dashboard items.

My guess is that the source code isn't being compiled and gets stuck on "loading...". The problem is that I can't access the source code because I can't click on Edit.

Is there any way to undo my last change or access the source code somehow? I read something about using Element inspect, but I'm not sure on what to change.

Thanks.

0 Karma
1 Solution

jpolvino
Builder

If you don't have an edit button, try accessing the source by explicitly using the URL. Just put this on the end of the URL after your dashboard name: /editxml

View solution in original post

shabamichae
Engager

please how did you resolve it from the backend. im also having similar issue

jpolvino
Builder

If you don't have an edit button, try accessing the source by explicitly using the URL. Just put this on the end of the URL after your dashboard name: /editxml

jonydupre
Path Finder

This indeed helped.. Think Splunk should be a bit more helpfull with this kind of errors. But this worked, thanks.

vnravikumar
Champion

jonydupre
Path Finder

This worked, thanks for the help.

0 Karma

vnravikumar
Champion

if its helped you, please upvote

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...