Dashboards & Visualizations

Dashboard option to hide panels and persist for specific user

jcspigler2010
Path Finder

I know you can edit dashboards, create your own, add reports to dashboard etc etc etc.

But can you create a custom dashboard with the option of allowing a user to hide and display specific panels on that dashboard that he or she may or may not be interested in? Also have that configuration persist every time they log on?

Long story short, I created a custom dashboard for a client but wants the options to hide and show certain panels. Similar to how you can show and hide KSIs within the ES app.

Thanks for any and all help!

0 Karma

3no
Communicator

Hi,

For exemple you can add checkbox for each dashboard that set a specific token, like this :

<input type="checkbox" token="show1"> 
 <label>Show Dashboard 1 </label>  
 </input>

Then you can use "depends" on your chart panel like this :

<chart depends="$show1$"> 

But, this solution is not persistent...

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

The solution is persistent if the user bookmarks the URL which includes the URIs for his selections for the hide/show controls.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi jcspigler2010,
Splunk hasn't an option to hide or show panels in a dashboard by user, but you could use a workaround.
You should try to configure your dashboard using a link switcher: you can see how to do it in Splunk 6.x Dashboard Example "Link Switcher" (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1603/).
In this example there's an example that shows different panels by clicking on different buttons, you could switch between your panel and an empty html box.
Clicking on "Show" button you'll see your panel, instead clicking on "Hide" button, you'll see only the two buttons (Show - Hide).

Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

jcspigler2010
Path Finder

I think I answered my own question partially...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...