Dashboards & Visualizations

Dashboard isn't showing any Data

bhacking

The search app, displays all the expected results, but when I put in a saved search in dashboard, nothing is displayed. The default panels display data, but even a simple search such as host=(star).(star) displays nothing in the dashboard.

Here is one search I made (took it from the default search to see if anything would work.)

error OR failed OR severe OR ( sourcetype=access_* ( 404 OR 500 OR 503 ) ) - called test dashboard

and the search for search network offline network ports is: host="logger.office.sample.com" port off-line

IT Dashboard test dashboard Discover Offline ports all

No search that is put in a panel shows any data (in the chart), but it can display the results if its in data table format.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

RNB
Path Finder

I believe the answer to your question can be found at this link.

http://splunk-base.splunk.com/answers/26626/chart-not-plotting-in-dashboard

0 Karma

bhacking

<!--
NOTE: This file was automatically generated by Splunk. Use caution when editing manually.
-->

test dashboard

Discover Offline ports

all

0 Karma

Genti
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

well host=. wont actually work (unless you have ips for hosts). Try host=* - however i dont think this is your issue... you can try pasting your xml here and we can try troubleshooting that. Otherwise i dont think we have enough info to be able to tell what's wrong..

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...