Dashboards & Visualizations

Dashboard input display issue with fr-FR

nonaronald
Explorer

I developed a dashboard using the en-US/en-GB splunk, but my client is using the fr-FR splunk by default. I was surprised to see that there seems to be a incompatibility issue.
I have a time select input that shows Last 7 days in the english splunk, while,
it shows Dernière %aunité %umontée in the french version. Which can be roughly translated btw as Last unit (something)?
See picture below for screenshots.

It doesn't seem to be a navigator issue (IE, chrome, firefox checked).

Any idea why I would have this? Any help would be appreciated.

alt text

0 Karma

ccl0utier
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

What version of Splunk?

I've just tried this on my local test instance (7.2.3) and "Last 7 days" shows up correctly for fr-FR.

alt text

nonaronald
Explorer

I use 7.0.2. Unfortunately I am not the one who can upgrade it. Thank you for testing it.

0 Karma

nonaronald
Explorer

I have discovered that I am not the only one having this problem:

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/701301/time-range-picker-broken-in-french-version-of-splu.html

It's very weird, I have the feeling that I have to find a workaround but it seems to be a translation issue coming from Splunk.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...