Dashboards & Visualizations

Dashboard drilldown conditions

klaudiac
Path Finder

Hi folks, 

Quick question, but I'm running out of ideas.

I have a dashboard where I compare results between US and EU, one of the filters is "side" where I differentiate between EU and US. 

When I select EU results, I'd like to be able to click on a result and it'll open up a new window with details of how that result was achieved (it's from another website)
Same scenario  for when i click on the Side=NA, it leads me to a different website.

I tried this, but as far as the EU part work, the US does not... 

<drilldown>
<condition match="$side$ = EU"></condition>
<condition>
<link target="_blank">/app/SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite/correlation_search_edit?search=$row.rule_name$</link>
</condition>

<condition match="$side$ = US"></condition>
<condition>
<link target="_blank">www.youtube.com</link>
</condition>
</drilldown>

Any hints or ideas? 

Thanks, 

Klaudia 

Labels (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@klaudiac 

You condition statements don't make sense. You have 4 conditions there, two are empty, i.e. 

does not do anything, so all you have there is a single drilldown, which will most likely be the first one Splunk comes across, i.e. the link to the ES correlation search edit

Try this - note the &quot; values before and after the EU/ES, as they should be quoted for string matching.

<drilldown>
  <condition match="$side$ = &quot;EU&quot;">
    <link target="_blank">/app/SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite/correlation_search_edit?search=$row.rule_name$</link>
  </condition>
  <condition match="$side$ = &quot;US&quot;">
  </condition>
</drilldown>

View solution in original post

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@klaudiac 

You condition statements don't make sense. You have 4 conditions there, two are empty, i.e. 

does not do anything, so all you have there is a single drilldown, which will most likely be the first one Splunk comes across, i.e. the link to the ES correlation search edit

Try this - note the &quot; values before and after the EU/ES, as they should be quoted for string matching.

<drilldown>
  <condition match="$side$ = &quot;EU&quot;">
  </condition>
  <condition match="$side$ = &quot;US&quot;">
  </condition>
</drilldown>

0 Karma

klaudiac
Path Finder

That worked, thanks so much! 

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...