Dashboards & Visualizations

Dashboard display could not find object id= after migrating in 7.2.3

sebgirardlux

I've upgrade Splunk Enterprise in 7.2.3, everything went well. I opened the dashboard and have on most of my dashboard the message could not find object id= ....
I have all the rights and honestly I'm stuck, does anyone can help?
Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

dkeck
Influencer

Hi,

are you able to create new dashboards?

There was a bug in earlier 6.x versions where users couldn´t create dashboards with error like you have. Might be related?!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

dkeck
Influencer

Hi,

are you able to create new dashboards?

There was a bug in earlier 6.x versions where users couldn´t create dashboards with error like you have. Might be related?!

0 Karma

sebgirardlux

Hi,

yes I'm able to create dashboard.
I think it is related with the scheduled reports but I do not understand.
I used to created my dashboard with reports but I don't find my report since the upgrade...

[CustomerX Deep Security Malware Event]
action.email.useNSSubject = 1
alert.track = 0
dispatch.earliest_time = -30d@d
dispatch.latest_time = now
display.events.fields = ["host","source","sourcetype","Domain","cef_severity"]
display.general.type = visualizations
display.page.search.mode = verbose
display.page.search.tab = visualizations
display.statistics.show = 0
display.visualizations.charting.chart.stackMode = stacked
display.visualizations.charting.chart.style = minimal
request.ui_dispatch_app = search
request.ui_dispatch_view = search
search = index=xxx_antimalware product="Deep Security Manager" cef_rulename="Alert Started" msg="Alert: Anti-Malware Alert*" "customerX_*" | timechart count by target

0 Karma

dkeck
Influencer

Ok if you can´t find objects after a splunk upgrade thats sounds like they where somehow created in default before the update?? This would explain why they are missing now. Default is overwritten after an upgrade

0 Karma

sebgirardlux

well i have to recreate the daashboard then... 😞

0 Karma

dkeck
Influencer

I would be happy if you could accept and upvote the answer 🙂

0 Karma

dkeck
Influencer

sry to hear that, but you are not suppost to create objects in default. Always use local.

Maybe you backup your splunk folder somewhere with your server backup? maybe you can find them there.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...