Dashboards & Visualizations

Dashboard Studio versus SimpleXML options?

eholz1
Contributor

Hello All,

I have been using SimpleXML to create some nice dashboards - with decent visualizations.

SimpleXML can: Show or hide panels using tokens, use the same panel but run different searches based on a token, make font size bigger or smaller with css, and use javascript and jquery as well. And use css to highlite text in a string, not just a single value, which seems the only choice in Dashboard Studio - change color on a "match", etc.

It seems that I cannot do some or most of those options with Dashboard Studio. Granted, I have just started using Dashboard Studio. I would like to be able to hide or show a table depending on a token, and change color of column in a table. And perhaps us a single table for different searches depending on a token or search result.

Most of the examples I have seen for Dashboard Studio depend on metrics, numbers, or counts, etc. The lion's share of my searches are all based on the linux_secure data source and the NIX addon. I am not counting sales, amounts, or items as shown in the Splunk demo for the "Butter Cup" store.

I am open to suggestions. It seems to me that the Splunk Dashboard Studio as limitations when compared to SimpleXML.

I am open to guidance or suggestions,

eholz1

Labels (5)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...