Dashboards & Visualizations

Dashboard Studio - No results outputted on Panel?

POR160893
Builder

Hi,

I have a panel on Dashboard Studio where no results are displayed on the panel and I am getting the message "Search ran successfully, but no results were returned".

POR160893_0-1668438729206.png

When I investigate this same search on the "Open in Search", the expected do get produced though.

What can I do in this situation?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Look at the dashboard code to see if there is a mistake which would account for no results being returned.

813_Gerb
Engager

I am running into a similar issue. I have a dashboard panel that users need access to but do not have access to the index that provides the data. I decided to save my search query as a report, and give it the permissions the users will need to see the data. I then make that report a panel in my dashboard. I also check my dashboard has the proper permissions for users to view my dashboard. I can see all the data just fine but when a user tries to see my panel, they get the error above. I verified that the users can run the report and see results from report that populates the panel. So I had a user run the report, and then save it to a panel in my dashboard.  The user then went to check my dashboard and saw the same message. Permissions are set to global and I verified that the users role had permission to write on my dashboard. Thanks.

-Gerb

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...