Dashboards & Visualizations

Dashboard Studio: How do I make a Dynamic loading a dropdown list?

Edward1234
Engager

In the classic dashboard it's very easy to setup a dynamic loading dropdown list. In the new dashboard studio I don't see it anywhere. How do I make a dynamic loading dropdown list?

Labels (2)

scottc_3

This is exactly my experience in Splunk Cloud as well.  I fed table data to a dropdown, and dropdown uses an array of the entire result set, instead of listing the values separately.  Can we get a fix for this?

0 Karma

elizabethl_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @scottc_3, I would love to learn more about the requirement to use an array. Can you share more about why it's not feasible to separate the values in your use case? 

0 Karma

elizabethl_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes! Today you can enable that in source code, and you can see examples in the docs https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/latest/DashStudio/inputs and in the Examples Hub > Interactivity 

In the next Cloud release, there will be UI to add data sources to the input to make it dynamic. 

0 Karma

rxvichi
Loves-to-Learn Everything

I am trying to use a datasource to load the data for the dropdown. Even though the query does return data the dropdown does not load the data.

0 Karma

elizabethl_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @rxvichi, after adding a data source to the dropdown, are you also selecting the fields which should populate the dropdown via the UI? You can see a gif of what I'm talking about here https://www.splunk.com/en_us/blog/platform/dashboard-studio-tips-what-s-new-in-8-2-2106.html

0 Karma

rxvichi

yes I am but in my case the data source is a table with one column with several rows. And when I select the menu label and value it is showing as an array instead of string as it is displayed in the gif.

rxvichi_0-1682699784006.png

0 Karma

elizabethl_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey @rxvichi - hm, that's interesting. Would you mind sending an email to dashboard-studio@splunk. com with an example of your search results? I'm interested to see the data structure of the results such that it's displaying as an array.

0 Karma

rxvichi

I have send the email please look into it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...