Dashboards & Visualizations

Customized Navigatin bar changes when opening HTML dashboard

abhinav_maxonic
Path Finder

I have created a Splunk app. And I have created a new customized navigation menu in this app. I have few XML based dashboards and some HTML dashboards. When I open XML dashboard the navigation menu looks good as created BUT when I open a HTML dashboard, the navigation menu changes to grey with two options - Search and Reports.
Here's my default.xml:

<view name="VoIP_Dashboard" label="Home" />
    <collection label="VoIP Dashboards">
        <view name="VoIP_Dashboard" label="VoIP Dashboard" />
        <view name="Call_Records" label="Call Records Search" />
    </collection>
    <collection label="VoIP Gateways">
        <view name="VoIP_Gateways" label="VoIP Gateways" />
        <view name="Gateway_Alerts" label="Gateway Alerts" />
        <view name="voip_call_records_for_source_gateway" label="Incoming Calls" />
        <view name="voip_call_records_for_destination_gateway" label="Outgoing Calls" />
    </collection>
</nav>
0 Karma

Anmar0293
Path Finder

When you create/convert to HTML View, choose the current sample not the new one. You have to create/convert to HTML out of the same current XML.

Warm regards,

Anmar

0 Karma

abhinav_maxonic
Path Finder

I have done the same thing. Every time I have to make a change, I make the changes in the XML dashboard and then convert it into html.

0 Karma

Anmar0293
Path Finder

When you create/convert to HTML View, choose the current sample not the new one. You have to create/convert to HTML out of the same current XML.

Warm regards,

Anmar

0 Karma

abhinav_maxonic
Path Finder

I have done the same thing. Every time I have to make a change, I make the changes in the XML dashboard and then convert it into html.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...