Dashboards & Visualizations

Custom module's css images not working in 4.2

Paolo_Prigione
Builder

In Splunk 4.2, custom modules' css background images are not loaded correctly. Here's an example from the Google Maps app. Module "GoogleMaps" contains this css line.

.cluster-icon.m-1 {
background: url("img/m1.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
}

On Splunk 4.2 the marker image is not displayed. On Splnuk 4.1.7 it works perfectly. Firefox' firebug is not able to display the images, either, while the css loads fine in both cases.

Do you have any idea?

1 Solution

Paolo_Prigione
Builder

It seems like Splunk 4.2 custom module css' urls are relative to the

"appserver/modules/" 

directory rather than the

"appserver/modules/MODULENAME/" 

directory (as it was on 4.1). So in the previous example, adding the module name to the url solves the problem:

.cluster-icon.m-1 {
    background: url(GoogleMaps/img/m1.png) no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
}

View solution in original post

tukmol

Hi all!! I have a problem with changing the color button of flashtimeline beside the search button. i want change it in blue while the default color of that is green. Thank you guys

0 Karma

motomjp

On Splunk 4.2.1...

->
url(/modules/GoogleMaps/img/m1.png)

0 Karma

Paolo_Prigione
Builder

It seems like Splunk 4.2 custom module css' urls are relative to the

"appserver/modules/" 

directory rather than the

"appserver/modules/MODULENAME/" 

directory (as it was on 4.1). So in the previous example, adding the module name to the url solves the problem:

.cluster-icon.m-1 {
    background: url(GoogleMaps/img/m1.png) no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
}

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...