Dashboards & Visualizations

Custom Visualization by creating Table

Komala
Engager

Hi, 

I am a student and very new to Splunk so I need a help. I need to create a custom visualisation which includes creating a table from the search results. It shouldn't be a static table as I need to add some additional features to it. So table should be created and uploaded like a panel which can be used for the visualisation.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.0/AdvancedDev/CustomVizTutorial

This link shows the custom visualisation for radial meter, but I need the 1 for table creation using javascript. Any leads and help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Is this an exam question?  If so, then I can't help.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please describe your use case more.  What is special about your table?  What "additional features" will it have?  A mock-up might be helpful.

---
0 Karma

Komala
Engager

- For the below search which I have mentioned. I need to create a visualization in the form of table and it should not be the static table. Because later in the table I need to add colours and trends in it.

- This was the exact statement told for me with respect to the task: Render Splunk search results into a table ( Take the data supplied to updateView and render it into a html <table> )

index="_internal" sourcetype=splunkd source="*/license_usage.log"
|  bucket span=1d _time
|  stats sum(b) as value by st _time
|  eval series=strftime(_time, "%F")
|  rename st as category
|  fields - _time

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Is this an exam question?  If so, then I can't help.

---
0 Karma

Komala
Engager

No its not a exam question I am learning Splunk For my personal development. So I asked for some different topics from my senior and for this I couldn't find the solution as I am not understanding how to create or update the table.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Understood.  Perhaps your senior knows the answer.

---
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...