Dashboards & Visualizations

Custom Visualization by creating Table

Komala
Engager

Hi, 

I am a student and very new to Splunk so I need a help. I need to create a custom visualisation which includes creating a table from the search results. It shouldn't be a static table as I need to add some additional features to it. So table should be created and uploaded like a panel which can be used for the visualisation.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.0/AdvancedDev/CustomVizTutorial

This link shows the custom visualisation for radial meter, but I need the 1 for table creation using javascript. Any leads and help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Is this an exam question?  If so, then I can't help.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please describe your use case more.  What is special about your table?  What "additional features" will it have?  A mock-up might be helpful.

---
0 Karma

Komala
Engager

- For the below search which I have mentioned. I need to create a visualization in the form of table and it should not be the static table. Because later in the table I need to add colours and trends in it.

- This was the exact statement told for me with respect to the task: Render Splunk search results into a table ( Take the data supplied to updateView and render it into a html <table> )

index="_internal" sourcetype=splunkd source="*/license_usage.log"
|  bucket span=1d _time
|  stats sum(b) as value by st _time
|  eval series=strftime(_time, "%F")
|  rename st as category
|  fields - _time

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Is this an exam question?  If so, then I can't help.

---
0 Karma

Komala
Engager

No its not a exam question I am learning Splunk For my personal development. So I asked for some different topics from my senior and for this I couldn't find the solution as I am not understanding how to create or update the table.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Understood.  Perhaps your senior knows the answer.

---
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...