Dashboards & Visualizations

Custom TreeView/TreeList visualization

yelkey
Explorer

Has anyone built a custom collapsible TreeView or TreeList(Not Dendrogram) using D3 libraries? if so please provide some input on how to implement it. I found some jqTree libraries in /opt/splunk/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle but I am not sure how to use those libraries to create custom treeview.

I am looking for something like this: http://bl.ocks.org/thehogfather/0e48ec486abbd5be17d7

Thanks in advance!!

Tags (2)
0 Karma

sduff_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I developed a custom-visualisation for a customer using JSTree
The library was pretty easy to import into the custom viz, just npm jstree and then a little bit of glue to render it.
Unfortunately, as I developed it for them, I don't have a copy I can share.

Roughly, I added the jstree npm package to a new Splunk custom vizualisation.
In the initialize function, I created a div for the jstree to be rendered to (< div id="jstree" >< /div>).
In the updateView function, I just called the JSTree function, $('#jstree').jstree({'core': 'data': YOUR DATA });

That was roughly how it worked. Sorry I can't post the actual source code, hope this helps someone.

yelkey
Explorer

Thank you. I'll try your suggestion.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...