Dashboards & Visualizations

Custom Splunk Dashboard Display

bcarr12
Path Finder

Are there any parameters that can be added to dashboard XML so that when it is opened, only the panels are displayed? Basically, I want to be able to load the dashboard up on a kiosk and have it just display the content (no dashboard title, no nav bar at the top, etc.). Right now, I log into the dashboard and manually scroll down. If possible, it would be great to just open the dashboard and require no further interaction.

0 Karma
1 Solution

rjthibod
Champion

Yes. See this as a reference: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Viz/PanelreferenceforSimplifiedXML#dashboard_or_f...

You will scroll down and see the Attributes table. There you can see what options you can pass or set in the dashboard/form to disable the title, navigation menu, footer, etc.

hideChrome
hideAppBar
hideSplunkBar
hideFooter
hideEdit

<dashboard hideEdit="true" hideAppBar="true" ...>
</dashboard>

View solution in original post

rjthibod
Champion

Yes. See this as a reference: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Viz/PanelreferenceforSimplifiedXML#dashboard_or_f...

You will scroll down and see the Attributes table. There you can see what options you can pass or set in the dashboard/form to disable the title, navigation menu, footer, etc.

hideChrome
hideAppBar
hideSplunkBar
hideFooter
hideEdit

<dashboard hideEdit="true" hideAppBar="true" ...>
</dashboard>

bcarr12
Path Finder

Thanks so much! Sometimes Splunk has so many options it's just a matter of looking in the right place to find all the customizations 🙂

Appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. This is just what I needed.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...