Dashboards & Visualizations

Custom JavaScript form gets resetted in SimpleXML

npichugin
Path Finder

Hello, everyone!

I'm trying to create a Splunk 6 SimpleXML dashboard with an <html> within a row. This html snippet contains a pretty simple form with a set of checkboxes and a submit button. The form should validate and process checkbox states and send it to an external web service.

I tried to do the following:

1. Insert a script="myscript.js" parameter into a toplevel <dashboard> tag
  2. In myscript.js, I write:

require(['jquery'], function($) {

... functions ...

$(document).ready(function() {
$('#myform').submit(submit_func)
load_checkbox_states_from_external_source();
});

});

The problem is that checkboxes' states are not always loaded, and submit button is not always able to submit information (clicking on it just doesn't call any function at all). I checked everything - all functions are getting called and working good, but then some mysterious force resets all checkboxes' states and button's handler back to default. Calling these two functions with a 1 second timeout seems to help, but it isn't a nice and reliable solution.

What do you think, splunkers, what should I do here?

P.S. it seems that Advanced XML does not have this issue, but I do want to use Simple XML, because every other dashboard is written in Simple XML and I want to keep look&feel consistent throughout the app.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

nfilippi_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Try adding "simplexml/ready!".

require([
    'jquery',
    'splunkjs/mvc/simplexml/ready!'
], function($) {
}

View solution in original post

0 Karma

nfilippi_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Try adding "simplexml/ready!".

require([
    'jquery',
    'splunkjs/mvc/simplexml/ready!'
], function($) {
}
0 Karma

npichugin
Path Finder

Your tip seems to be a solution, thank you! I tried to reload my page about 10-15 times, and I didn't see a single checkbox getting resetted.

Could you point me to an explanation of "simplexml/ready!" thing, please?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...